Cub Scout Leader Resourses
Below are some items I've created over the years as a Den Leader. Use anything you like.
Den Record Keeping Forms
These are forms that I made up to record the important stuff each and in greater detail where needed. They seemed far easier to use than
many of the official forms put out by BSA.
- Den Contact List - This one is especially useful for handing around to parents at the
beginning of the year to get the information from them, even if you transfer it into your address book later.
- Den Sign In Sheet - I have the boys sign themselves in as they arrive at each indoor event.
Especially helpful for larger dens...much better than my memory...or my son's.
- Den Attendance and Activity Record Sheets - A simple attendance record sheet
and a sheet to make quick notes of material covered at each meeting.
- One Time Award Record - Record all the one time awards:
Bobcat, Belt Loops and Pins.
- Tiger Cub Record - Record achievements for one scout in detail.
- Wolf Cub Record - Record achievements for one scout in detail.
- Bear Cub Record - Record achievements for one scout in detail.
- Webelos Record - Record achievements for one scout in detail.
Projects and Activities
- Home Electricity Use Experiment - This one fits in many places, but
especially into the Wolf or Bear energy conservation items. It's a simple task of counting how fast the center disk on the electric meter is spinning with stuff
turned on and off around the house. Was pretty eye opening, even for me as an adult.
- American Folk Tales - The Bear Activities include Folk Tale material. Here
are several I collected. Each boy can read a couple of their choice and talk about them.
I also have the
Folklore Quiz from the Bear Book to print out and hand out.
- Webelos Bridge Types - The Webelos Engineer activity badge has items on bridges.
This handout shows example pictures of various types of bridges. Saves you the work of searching the internet for them.
- Webelos Bridge Homework - An assignment for the Webelos to make a model of a bridge.
It will be displayed on a simple gap made of 2x4s for discussion at the den meeting. No bridge testing here, just models to look at and discuss.
- Coded Message - Elective #1 in the Wolf book is to send a coded message
to another scout. Here is a code and form to do it.
- Flag for Folding Practice - Every Cub Scout needs to learn flag folding. Here's a nice one
to print out and fold. It's sized for legal paper. Cut it out and make sure the first fold puts the colors on the outside...
- Quick Measurement - The Wolf Book elective 3b is about using your hand for
quick measurements. This sheet goes even further using fingers, arms, feet...I gave credit for 2 electives for this one.
- Spider Neckerchief Slide (Woggle) - Here's a nice big SPIDER for your neckslide for Halloween! Nice simple project for wolves or older.
A little bit of prep for the leadership cutting and painting the rings ahead of time.
- Autumn Leaf Neckerchief Slide (Woggle) - An attractive wooden autumn leaf woogle! Nice simple project for wolves or older.
A little bit of prep for the leadership pre-drilling the holes.